View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 11:16 PM   #4
Margaret Eleanor

Re: No rant JUST the facts...

I've had two different types of IV iron, Venofer and Injectafer. Both drugs are for iron deficient anemia, but if I remember right, I did at least four infusions of Venofer and only two of Injectafer to get the same result. I definitely remember liking Injectafer much better than Venofer. Not only did Injectafer require fewer infusions, it also left me with no side-effects. Venofer, however, left me with Zofran plus Ativan level nausea and sparkling-migraines (the kind of migraine where any light through your eyes makes your head feel like it will explode, but you still see bright sparkles when you close your eyes, so eyes open or closed your head still explodes). I don't think I had pre-meds with either Venofer or Injectafer, but that could be because I dropped Decadron and Benedryl, due to their side-effects and no allergic reactions, after my second or third chemo infusion. I do remember getting a "thorough flush" with a bag of fluids after each infusion of either drug. I also remember starting to feel better within a week or so of the first infusion. Hope you're feeling better soon!
Margaret Eleanor is offline   Reply With Quote