View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 04:28 PM   #1
DizzyDo

Need Advice - Scanxiety

Hello All - I've been hanging out since I started treatment in Jan. I haven't said much about my situation but I have made tremendous progress on Herceptin, Perjeta and Taxol. CEA is my marker that works and it has gone from 400 to 1.4. An intermediate scan in March showed everything resolved except for a spot in the liver that still lit up a bit. I made it through 12 weeks of taxol, pulled off due to neuropathy that has improved a lot since stopping. Now I am just on the Herceptin and Perjeta. So all should be good....But I am so nervous about the scan on Monday. I understand now what you all are talking about with the scans....I did get some Ativan and that helps.

I am also worried about brain mets. I am thinking of asking my onc for an MRI. I had a clean one in Jan. For those of you that have had brain mets, did it show in your tumor markers? My onc does not do an MRI unless there are symptoms. What advice might you have for me on this? Thanks in advance and I really appreciate the help from those of you that have more experience and are so kind to share this with me!

Dizzy
Jan 2014: stage 4. pain right side, found "too many to individually account for" liver mets. Found right axilla lymph nodes and nearby mass (source). Lung, lymph and bone mets. Brain clear by MRI. Er and pr neg, HER2 +++
Feb 2014: herceptin, perjeta, taxol
July 2014: no active disease, only bone scars and 1 liver scar! Tumor markers all normal again.
Dec 2014: seizure, 3 brain mets (15, 5 and 3 mm)
Feb 2015: Linac Stereotactic Radiation for brain mets
June 2015: no new brain mets, old ones greatly reduced in size. Bod still no active disease
October 2015: New brain Met, zapped by Stereotactic rads, watching another spot
Jan 2016: The other spot grew, zapped again. Still on herceptin and perjeta every 3 weeks
DizzyDo is offline   Reply With Quote