View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #8
Rolepaul

Re: working while going through treatment- male input requested

From a hubby,
This disease is like you have taken on a lover to your husband. You probably want a little quiet time, you no longer can bring in the income you did, and I am sure that you do not feel as pretty as you once did. It did take a while to understand that it was not Nina's fault, and she did not want to be in this situation. There are those that can do the right thing from day one, those like most of us that are as angry about this as our spouses are and just need a bit to work it out, and those men that just decide to move on. I would get some counseling to be able to listen to his concerns and for him to hear the effect of his behavior. Nina and I were ready to walk away from one another. This last scare has actually made us closer, despite being 1200 miles away most of the time. I would recommend that you two set up date nights for those times you feel better, and I have the flu nights when you are chemo'd. I would ask that you not withdraw, but include hime in those parts of the recovery. You might be surprised at the results. Your are retty, intelligent, and motivated (as noted by getting treatment). You just need to let him know that this is a temp change in many ways, but that there will be permanent changes in others.
Rolepaul is offline   Reply With Quote