View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 06:31 AM   #1
AliciaB

working while going through treatment- male input requested

Yesterday, Tuesday, was chemo #4 out of 6. Yippeee. So I know that I will be on my backside Thursday through Sunday. Today, Wednesday, I will have some energy.

During past chemo treatments I would normally work the day after chemo for half to 3/4 of the day. Today I don't want to. I wan to take care of my self by reading,catching up on my blog, maybe go for a talk. For some reason this irritates my husband. He cannot understand why I am not going in to work today. When I explained was going to take care of myself today and described what that looks like- he said well that's what you do when you don't go into work when yo are feeling bad.

Why does everyone want me to to work? I work for the USDA and had paid shared leave. So we do not have an issue with loss of income. On the weeks i do not receive chemo therapy I work between 1-4 hours a day. Is it jealousy? Is it our work ethic? It makes me rather angry when he questions me. I am up at 6 am to get him and our 2 year old out the door for school/work, so I am not lazy sleeping in bed all day. Arggh!

Any insight would be appreciated, especially from husbands supporting their BC wives.

Alicia
Stage 2B
Tumor left breast 2.2 cm
IDC
1/4 nodes positive
ER+ ( 98%) PR+ (95%)
HER2 (FISH 2.5:1)
BRCA I & BRCA II negative
March 2012 bilateral mastectomy ( Family hx)
April 2012 chemo- TCH
AliciaB is offline   Reply With Quote