View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 06:32 PM   #12
dlaxague

arggg - can't find it

I've been googling around trying to find a reference with numbers or percentages of HER2 and ERPR. I thought that HER2+ cancers were about 20-25% of all. And I thought that ERPR positive and negative were about 50/50, within the HER2+ subgroup? Which is a higher ratio of ER- than in the HER2 normal group, but it's not as if being ERPR+ and HER2+ is all that rare. In fact, it's no more rare than being HER+ and ERPR - . If memory serves, which it often does not anymore, which is why I was trying to find a reference to cite. Does anyone have that?

I knew that HER2+ cancers, if ERPR+, tended to be less positive for hormone receptors. But I saw repeatedly while chasing around that there's also apparently a relationship between LEVEL of HER2 positivity and ERPR - the higher the HER2, the lower the ERPR and of course vice versa. That's interesting.

But I still didn't find a direct answer about percent of HER2+ that is ERPR+. I did find several randomized studies that recruited all and the percent of ERPR+/HER2+ in their totals was around 12, which would fit with what I remembered (1/2 of 20 or 25).

Debbie Laxague
3/01 ~ Age 49, occult primary announced by large axillary node found by my husband. Multiple CBE's, mammogram, U/S could not find anything in the breast. Axillary node biopsy - pathology said + for "mets above diaphragm, probably breast".
4/01 ~ Bilateral mastectomies (LMRM, R simple) - 1.2cm IDC was found at pathology.
5 of 11 axillary nodes positive, largest = 6cm. Stage IIIA
ERPR 5%/1% (re-done later at Baylor, both negative at zero).
HER2neu positive by IHC and FISH (8.89).
Lymphovascular invasion, grade 3, 8/9 modified SBR.
TX: Control of arm of NSABP B-31's adjuvant Herceptin trial (no Herceptin): A/C x 4 and Taxol x 4 q3weeks, then rads. Arimidex for two years, stopped after second patholgy opinion.
dlaxague is offline   Reply With Quote