View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #5
kcherub

Oh, gosh. Now, I am freaked out. I never thought of my being ER+ as a potentially "bad" thing. I know that I am younger, and thus have many more years for estrogen to pump through my body. I mean, I thought that since I have a "targeted" treatment it was better. Should I be worried that just when I get to the point where I am not worrying each and every hour that it will come back (after coming off Tamoxifen for good), that it will?

I have asked my ONC. at least five times if Tamoxifen "kills" it, or just keeps it at bay. I don't think he has ever given me a complete answer. Anyone? Or has that been answered up above?!?

I had to go off Tamoxifen last week, but only for two weeks. I have been having horrible joint pain and am being treated for two bulging discs. I wanted to see how much Tamoxifen was contributing to my pain, since everything started around the time I started Tamoxifen. Now, I am worried about the two weeks off.

Take care,
ER/PR 90%+ HER2 +
6 TCH started 5/25/2007, ended after #5 due to steroid "reactions" and neuropathy in feet and hands
BUT--#6 CH w/o Taxotere
Begin Herceptin alone 9/28/2007
30 rads completed 12/19/2007
Finish Herceptin 5/9/2008
Stopped Tamoxifen early--HATED it.
Married 17 years
13-year old son
3 embies on ice (from 1999)
GA, USA

Last edited by kcherub; 10-14-2008 at 01:39 PM..
kcherub is offline   Reply With Quote