View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 01:09 PM   #8
kat in the delta

Location: MS Delta in Clarksdale="Home of the Blues" (near Memphis,TN)by Misssissippi River/levee's highest pt.
Dear Susan M.(PA)'
I have started back walking more regularly, too. Most of the time...just with my dog..then occasionally to the track where I always find someone to talk to.. or I go to the gym....and there to..I find other people..
I too have gotten depressed, but have not taken antidep.Rx for it , yet. I live in a house with all unsympathetic men---- my husband, and 2 or 3 sons who come and go....college age..+ They sure don't give me any sympathy and since I ended my treatments 5 months ago they think I should be like I WAS ( but definitely I am nowhere near up to that high !)
I know you must be hurting inside and out.. I seem to only be able to do 1 chore, if that much, per day..and nobody in my home seems to understand..like we do on this site... it'll get better..try to get out of the house if you can..a change of scenery does me good ! -or read a mag. or watch a good movie if you cannot leave.. I hope you feel better soon.. It is truly no fun to feel bad..but remember that TODAY is a GIFT..that's why it is called the PRESENT....and I sure hate to think I've wasted a whole day...feeling bad, hurting, and sorry for myself, or worrying ..(like I had been doing.)...then, when tomorrow comes...thinking to myself..-what a waste..!! So walk, read, listen to some Music,or treat yourself to whatever pleases YOU !!----
We are all here for you... I am sorry you are not well now... I hurt all over myself.and my regular MD gave me a few pills for pain,which help a lot-a miracle in the A.M.!
I will get a test run Friday....
--Go to a counselor or psychologist .....if you need to..Find someone who knows about what cancer patients go thru...... Let your GP recommend an RX and try it if you think you should.... as far as the Brain Fog or chemo/(i say HerceptinBrain) some MD's recommend stimulants.. I listened to a talk on www.HealthTalk.com where "Ritalin" was given to some chemobrain patients....Go to that site to make sure I am correct..as my Brain is also foggy.....and Make sure you are getting enough sleep, too-I wouldn't take a stimulant in the p.m...example...
As far as your stomach...and meds...drink some "kefir"...I found some at a Kroger....in a flavor. It tastes like a smoothie and you will get hooked on it- it's great ! It is good for your stomach and your Immune System.... Look for KEFIR at a Kroger or Organic Grocery store....you will like it too.....-- kat in the delta
kat in the delta is offline   Reply With Quote