View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #28
'lizbeth

Re: Iodine deficiency ! - falling intakes - goitregens - competition bromine and fluo

CarolineC,

I hear your pain. I have always believed the worst thing about cancer (until the very, very advanced stages) is the treatments. Hence, my enthusiastic sharing of clinical trial information.

Gastrografin - I saw your post, and was a bit nervous about having it for my MRI. The lab tested my GFR and if I remember correctly it was 89. I don't see any information about your GFR - was it tested? I did not have issue with the Gastrografin thankfully.

From you posting I see both issues with kidneys, and the liver. Even a lay person can understand that your body has difficulty processing and eliminating toxins and waste products.

What I hear is your frustration with the medical team - but you need to set a boundary on what you accept as a patient. You are paying for a service, and you wouldn't pay for shoddy service in a shop or restaurant, right? Insist on longer infusion times, and hydration if this is what helps you tolerate the treatment. Be polite, but firm. This is what I need, thank you.

I had a very easy going oncologist (the 2nd one, fired the first). He was totally okay with weekly Herceptin. I popped in on Saturday mornings for the infusions and the side effects were minimal.

In Asian healing, thinning hair plus anxiety/fear is a sign of issues with the kidney meridian (which includes more than just the organ), and anger/frustration points to the health of the liver meridian. If you have a chance to try some acupuncture treatments you might find some relief. If you don't like needles try acupressure.

I would not personally just supplement with your medical history. I would seek out the advice of a ND, or at a very minimum try testing for your iodine levels.

With the burden that has been put on your body with the tests and treatments you need to eliminate as many sources of toxins/pesticides/hormones. Now is a good time to eat organic, get plenty of nutrient dense foods, fiber. Water without fluoride, chloride, etc - Penta water is filtered 11 times. Get plenty of fresh air and sunshine. Meditate and feed your mind and emotions positive experiences.

You have more control over your experience then you think. Take charge and communicate. I had the same issues and would get mad at my medical team over how I was being treated. It didn't do me any good, and just made things awkward. Polite, but firm, this is what I need, with a smile.

I understand there are many problems with the mindset of our current medical community. You are completely right, they have not grasped the concept of the INDIVIDUAL. I can't tell you have many times I've heard that statistics show . . . but I'm in the minority with you - my body doesn't metabolize medicines well. I have an allergy list a mile long.

You are always welcome to vent to us - we get it. The frustrations are there. Just keep your eye on the goal, regaining the most health that you can. You deserve it!
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote