Thread: Er-/pr-/her2+?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 07:43 PM   #6
joletta

Re: Er-/pr-/her2+?

Hi,
Sorry you had to join this club. I am er-pr negative strongly her2 positive. My dr found my sentinal positive after surgery but did not give me any further info untill pathology 2 weeks later. Did you ask surgean aprox # of how many they removed?
1 sentinal node is probley a stge 2a
anything attached to the chest wall may be a stge 2b with 1 node
anything 4+ nodes is stage 3a w/no mets (That is me with just 4 nodes)
when the mamory or chest nodes are involved it could be 3a or 3c
There is somewhere on this website that explains or you can google breast cancer staging.
The hardest part is not knowing and waiting for results just take one day at a time and know she will be ok. My doctor tells me I am 85% curable and in 5 years he only had 1 reoccurance since herceptine! Yes have your wife get a port it is such a blessing..i actually am happy to have it when i go to treatment..and ask for emla cream.Standard w/her2+ is 1 year of herceptine either immediately w/chemo or after 4 rounds of AC. Dont get to down..it is all doable they have great meds today. i just completed my chemo today!!! I chased a 1 year old all day throughout and kept activies rollin all summer w/my 6 year old!
im here for you and so is everyoyher lovely later on this board. Please Pm me anytime w/questions i would love to help if i can.
Sending hugs to you & your wife
Joletta
may 4 2010 port import
may 6 2010 clean ct scan & bone scan
may 11 2010 start 4 A/C (finish aug 3 2010)
aug 17 2010 start weekly herceptine & taxol 12xs (end date of oct 19 2010)
nov-dec 2010 30 radation
(plan permanent implants for feb or mar 2011)
continue on herceptine till aug 2011

Love & prayers to everyone
Joletta
joletta is offline   Reply With Quote