Thread: My sister
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 04:30 AM   #3
chekmark

Re: My sister

Kathleen,
First I want to say that the bond you have with your sister and parents is amazing. May you always stay so connected. Her journey is just beginning but with your strong support and her positive outlook things will hopefully go well. Lets just hope that it was caught early as it sounds like it was. I think the standard of care is chemo with herceptin with Her2 but I think there are some on this board that have had herceptin only. I could be wrong. Chemo is doable and herceptin is a breeze. It is all so scary right now but it gets better. I cannot answer all of your questions but I hope that things go smooth for your sister. Someone her will chime in with answers for you. Her 2 is impatient and I think that is why they recommend chemo with herceptin. Please keep us posted. God bless. Darlene
DX Sept 30 2010 at the age of 49. Oh crap! 1.5 cm idc, stage 1 grade 3 er/pr+, her2+ no lymph nodes, mastectomy Oct/10. Started 6 rounds of TCH Dec/10 and will continue herceptin until Nov /11 and just started femara.
Stray kitten found my lump while I was playing with it. It is now my pet and my dog is not real happy about that.
Mammo good
last herceptin 11/21/11 YAY
reconstruction 12/09/11
Chapter closed 12/10/11, hopefully, fingers crossed
Bone scan, chest xray, clear
04/27/12 Expander removed, implant put in, ahh sigh of relief, much more comfortable
Sept 30, 2014, 4 years NED
chekmark is offline   Reply With Quote