View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 03:00 AM   #5
Lien

Re: please help! is my cancer worse than anyone else's because it has never went away

This all must be such a scary experience. I can understand the fear and the panicky feeling. I know you have dreams about your future, and those may or may not come to be. For now, all you can do is get the best treatment available, and it seems like that is what you are getting. Over the ten years I've been on this board and on another support forum, I've read about several women who tried treatment after treatment until they found the one that worked for them and had them "dancing with NED", as we call a diagnosis of No Evidence of Disease. Also, I know even more women who are stable on a treatment for years, some even for over a decade and counting. They were at the point where you are now until they found their "Magic Bullet".

So even though it is very tough right now, it doesn't mean there is no hope. No one can predict how your cancer will develop. We can just do everything we can to stop it. And there is still a lot we can do. Like someone else wrote: educate yourself. Ask, read, and process all the info you can get. It may give you a better idea of your options.

And remember that those who do well don't write as much on these boards. They are moving on, living a full life, having a good time. Only some of us keep coming back here.
So what you read on these pages is mainly stuff about people who are not (yet) doing so well.

Try to take a deep breath, and distract yourself as much as possible. Ask your medical team to explain things and ask for a number you can call when you are scared about symptoms. And like someone else said: pray, meditate, do breathing excercises. They help.

I know this is tough, but it can be done. It just takes a lot of practice. Do you have people around you who support you? It's time to reach out to them now. And if you don't, can we help you find some?

Hang in there!

Love

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote