Thread: sicko by MM
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 09:39 AM   #17
sarah

I live in France and I LOVE the universal health care here and the French would have a revolution if it was taken away. It's also extremely high quality. I'm so glad I'm here.
First time around I was in the US; the recurrence happened in France. I'll take France over the so called "great health insurance" I had in the US. Also the US government pays twice as much per person as countries with universal pay, so who's really paying??? the taxpayer and then there are so many without any insurance. Is that fair? I can chose my doctors. I discuss my treatment with my doctors. In a USA PPO or HMO, you can't chose any doctor, only from a list.
My father was a doctor and he was for universal health care. He worked 3 mornings a week free in a clinic because he believed everyone should get good medical care and that good medical care for everyone was safer because that way no potentially dangerous infection - such as untreatable tuberculosis could get out of hand. He'd been alive (a child) when the influenza epidemic killed millions.
sarah
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote