Thread: sicko by MM
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 07:10 AM   #4
cafe1084

I saw sicko a few months back and it was eye-opening to say the least. It made me want to move to another country to live, but there are always downsides to anything that seems to be better....you know what they say about the grass being greener on the other side. I work with a nurse who worked for an HMO for years before his career change. That's basically why he changed careers. He said he found it difficult to sleep at night knowing he may have held partial responsibility in the deaths of people who were being denied needed treatments and services, just to save on the bottom line. I wish our system worked better for us, but it's the only system we have at this time. I have good, not exceptional insurance, but I cannot imagine what could've happened to me during this whole cancer fight without it. Just 5 short years ago, I had no health insurance. I didn't think I needed it, so I never opted for it at work. I make too much money to qualify for medicaid, unless I lose everything I've worked so hard for, yet the insurance premiums are breaking the bank. I don't have an answer and it stinks that we are forced to play the cards we are dealt until someone overhauls the system to work for the people who are making them rich and greedy
cafe1084 is offline   Reply With Quote