Thread: Hi Everybody!
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 03:00 PM   #18
VaMoonRise
Deceased

Smile We All have Missed You Too!

Dear Sweet Beautiful Joy,

I absolutely agree with what everyone else has said. We all deserve to be happy and to have someone special in our lives, cancer doesn't change that one single bit.

I say be as honest and as up front as you want to be and are comfortable with. Treat it no differently than you would anyone else you are meeting for the first time. If he truly is a good guy with a good heart he will know what he is willing or not willing to bring into his life at this time and he will be honest and forth coming with you about it. Don't sit there worrying about any negatives that might come from having a relationship with someone who is battling cancer or any other type of scary non-contagious illness and don't put any thoughts into his head about any negatives either. Let him be the one to think about all the pro's and con's, and if he is a smart guy he will know that he has far more to gain than he has to lose by being in a relationship with someone as wonderful as you are. Life is way too short and unpredictable for all of us, heck, we all would probably avoid getting into relationships if all we thought about is how we could lose that person in a flash of a second, and that is the truth about life, it could happen to any one of us at any time.

I say go for it, enjoy it and see where it leads. If nothing else you will at least find and develop some wonderful friendships, of this I am certain.

Cancer can rob us of a lot of things but it can't rob us of:

Love, A joyful spirit, Relationships, Memories, Who we truly are on in the inside, Compassion, or anything else that we hold near and dear to our hearts unless we ourselves allow it to. I for one refuse to allow it to! If anything, cancer has taught me to nurture and to be attentive to these things even more, to grasp onto every nano second and make the most of it so that it will always remain a wonderfully beautiful memory to be cherished and shared with others.

So get out there Girl and Live, Live, Live!!! Grasp every nano second and run like the wind with it, trailing beautiful memories behind you as you go for others to see and cherish as well.

Wishing you all the best and praying that you will find that someone special, someone who is deserving of you and who will love you and care for you like you have never been loved or cared for before because you my dear friend and sister deserve nothing less than what your own name is, "Joy," enough joy to last a lifetime.

Love, Hugs & God Bless,
Nicola

PS: One of the most beautiful and a tear jerker of a movie I have ever seen that is about this exact issue is called "Sweet November" with Keanu Reeves and Charlize Theron.

March 18, 2004, Age 36
Diagnosed: High Grade DCIS, Microcalcifications, Solid and Comedo type, Nuclear grade 3 with 1mm margins, ER+, PR+, Stage "0"
3-8-04 Left breast lumpectomy.
4-1-04 thru 6-24-04 Adjuvant XRT.
11-29-05 Gallbladder attack.
12-01-05 Surgery to have gallbladder removed, discovered cancer spread throughout liver in both lobes, HER2+ amplified by FISH and interestingly enough negative for ER and PR.
12-9-05 Clinical trial consisting of Tykerb, Taxol and Herceptin along with Zometa once a month. On clinical trial for 15 months before liver mets started progressing. Started on Navelbine 3-9-07. Navelbine failed, switched to Gemzar July 07. MRI of the brain on July 7, 07. Results revealed multiple brain tumors. Taken off of Gemzar immediately and began 15 rounds of WBR which I completed on July 26, 07. CT scan on 7-26-07 significant progression in the liver mets. I am now getting ready to start on Xeloda along with Herceptin and Zometa once a month.
VaMoonRise is offline   Reply With Quote