View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #12
Rolepaul

Re: don't remember if I posted this during ASCO--good results for her2 vaccine

Time to win with this. Nina is now considered disease free and is being seen in the same office! May all of you fighting the disease have the chance to find the succes we did with Nina's CNS (brain and spine) treatments. I think that it is likely that there will be a more focused treatment for various organ involvement, but this vaccine could be very important for the treatment of HER+ women, even before there is disease discovered!

We walked through Yellowstone and Grand Teton last week for Nina's birthday. Our anniversary and my birthday happened within the previous two weeks. Nina was given less than a 5% chance of seeing these events last Christmas when there was brain and spine involvement. We followed through with a proven treament that has now made her disease free (she was NED in all areas other than the brain), although there were blood cells and markers that indicated disease prior to her treatment starting. She now has normal level markers, no signs of disease radiology, no sign in blood cells, etc. Here is hoping the vaccine makes that permanent.

Lani, thank you as always.
Rolepaul is offline   Reply With Quote