View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 11:06 AM   #14
laura4252

Re: important-- turning her2+ Stage IV into chronic treatable disease

I agree with Amy-- We have similar history and diagnosis, and Herceptin stopped "cutting it" after two years....I tried all kinds of other targeted therapies, Xeloda, Navelbine, Gemzar- none worked. After two years of Stage IV (lungs), I was preparing for mastectomy of the right breast when TDM1 came on the scene. I decided against mastectomy and did TDM1 with Heceptin for 18 months when it stopped working. I tried Doxil October 2014 (found out I'm allergic to that and Taxotere)....Lungs worsened in 2014 into 2015, so we added Perjeta to Herceptin Jan. 2015, lungs worsened to the point that I was on oxygen 24/7 April 2015. I tried Abraxzane--my body agreed to that, and in six weeks there was remarkable improvement (two cyles, two weeks on, one week off). Chemo was horrible, and for the first time since I started Herceptin in 2011 I lost my hair, shaved my head and joined the ranks of bald women ravaged by chemo.....but it worked, kind of.....I'm doing two more cycles at 75% dose (just finished the first) and this whole cancer crap is getting really old.....I'm wary of the alternative therapies, so I just keep going along eating well, taking care of my body and soul, and hoping for a pill so I can get this lousy port out someday soon.....
2005: DCIS Stage 0, Right breast, High grade, lumpectomy, radiation, no mastectomy 2009: Diagnosed Her2 new+++, Herceptin only (toxic reaction to Taxotere). Great response to Herceptin 2011 lung mets 2012 tried several targeted chemos- none worked
2013 TDM1- good job resolving some lung mets 2014 Took a treatment break, Oct. Allergic reaction to Doxil 2015 Herceptin & Perjeta
laura4252 is offline   Reply With Quote