View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 11:26 AM   #1
Vickilapp

Did you have surgery w/o doing chemo?

Hi everyone,
This is my first post on this forum.
I was diagnosed in September 2015, Her2+ er- pr- , stage IIb breast cancer in my left breast. I did treatments of herceptin and perjeta only from October thru May and they reduced the tumor from 5.5cm to small enough for a lumpectomy.

We did not get clear margins and began to use tdm1 / kadcyla to get rid of the residual cancer. By October 2016 I had a clear pet scan. Stayed on kadcyla thru March 2017 to reduce chance of recurrence. Then started on herceptin.

Unfortunately, I found a lump in the same area a few weeks ago. MRI revealed another 5+cm mass. No lymph node involvement. The oncologist recommended getting a mastectomy right away. Second opinions have recommended having chemo before the surgery.

Currently I'm waiting for a pet scan to be scheduled to make sure there is not disease in other parts of the body. I began taking artemisinin, Graviola, cbd oil, and pau d'arco, to hopefully reduce spreading while I'm waiting for surgery to be happen. Got back on a rigorous anti cancer diet.

I'm wondering whether to do chemo before the surgery or not.

I was hoping to avoid chemo, due to toxicity, peripheral neuropathy, and reduction of overall health. However if I do chemo, it is possible that the surgery could be a lumpectomy instead of a mastectomy. I'm not crazy about either having an implant or having a lopsided chest.

I would love to hear from any of you her2+ er-pr- sisters who did surgery and not chemo. What was your outcome?

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
June 2016: began Kadcyla TDM-1.
October 2016: clear PET scan. No evidence of malignancy
Oct 2016-Feb 2017: continued on Kadcyla.
Feb 2017: began Herceptin only.
May 2017: found new lump. MRI shows multi-focal 5+cm.
May 2017: began taking Artemisinin (500mg 2x/day), graviola (1300mg 2x/day, plus evening tea), CBD oil (80mg in evening), Pau D'Arco.
June 2017: in addition to above herbal medicines, added Mistletoe (orally with tincture), Turmeric, Tibetan herbs.
Vickilapp is offline   Reply With Quote