View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 10:01 AM   #7
loveher

Thanks guys!

Im feeling really upbeat today. I have good days and bad days. yesterday i had an occasional bad day mainly bc i was studying for a midterm and kept thinking about my mom so I felt the need to post and get it all out.

I know my parents want me to do well but its a bit hard for me to see things from their perspective.

I saw my counsellor yesterday and he actually recommended me to take a year off. grrr it made me so mad bc it wouldnt solve anything, I cant imagine what i would do, sit at home and knit scarves? My biggest goal right now is to make my mom proud and graduate!!!

usually parents call their college kids and nag them but actually i call my mom everyday and shes always like "stop calling im doing laundry" or something of that sort.

I guess the what im learning is that I can't escape the fact that cancer is part of my life but there's still lots to celebrate and i cant let it overshadow all the good times i've had with my mom.

sorry for being super cheesy, thanks for listening to me rant you guys!
Hi i'm Sue. I've been part of the her2support family since 08'. My amazing mother Hong was her 2 stage IV 9 years and bravely earned her wings, I still love this board and continue to her fight. Plz reach out if you want to connect:)
loveher is offline   Reply With Quote