View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 06:36 PM   #4
*_Kim in DC_*

Susan,

Sorry for taking so long to repy.
1.) I took the HLA A3 test in my onc's office. It is a common test for organ transplants. Try to get you doc to slip it in with the regular blood work.

2.) I have not gone to PA, but I have communicated with Dr. Peoples and the trial nurse via email. I started asking to many detailed questions so Dr. Peoples started responding to me directly.

3.)I am receiving Herceptin off label. I am pharmaceutical sales rep. My company owns Genentech, the people who make Herceptin. Because we are in the business of selling drugs, we have an open formulary for our drug benefits. This means that my onc can prescribe anything that is FDA approved.

4.) I will finish radiation the week of May 16. After that my onc will decide how long I should stay on Herceptin. I would like to enter the trial shortly after. I had neoadjuvant chemo with Herceptin and Taxotere. Using both of those together, I still did not have that great of a path report. I'm not confident in herceptin by itself in keeping the mets away. Who knows how long it will take for them to approve the vaccine and Herceptin together.

Don't apologize for asking questions. I learned of the trial from this website. We all have to learn from each other!!!! If you have more questons, feel free to ask.

Kim