View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 09:33 PM   #19
adrien

Re: percentage of those who respond to Herceptin

YOur post brought tears to my eyes because it is how many of us have felt and many still do.
You did just the right thing postponing your reconstruction. There's plenty of surgeons around who can do that when you're ready. This is the time to be kind to yourself, rest, heal, call upon your family and friends ( I really hope you have someone there for you). CRy lots and laugh lots, dance, walk in the rain, pick flowers. Do what you want as much as your circumstances allow you.
I'm sure you'll get much more practical advice from others here but I feel strongly this is your time for you to do what makes you feel goood. Anti depressants are quick fixes. While i wouldn't say don't take them-think-what else makes you feel better?
From one who's been there many times.
Love,
Adrien

2005 mastectomy (Left ) 10cm IDC in lymphatic system and blood vessels oe- HER2 ++;Taxotere, Herceptin 18 mths
2006 skin tumours below scarline Add Femera, 3 weeks radiotherapy twice daily (unsuccessful)
excision of tumours.
2007 jan skin tumour on L chest wall; positive Right axilla
Temerifen.
September Ca markers rise. Start Tykerb 3 wks radiotherapy
2008 skin tumours regrow. latissimus dorsal flap for excision of skin tumours March 08. HER2++++
Faslodex injections
CEA and Ca15.3 rising
CT scan shows multiple mets in liver, lungs and inguinal glands. Stop Tykerb. Start Xeloda
CEA and Ca15.3 dropping like a stone. Skin tumours disappear.
Return 6 months later.
CT shows increase in size and number liver and lung mets.
Oct: Cyclophosphamide
Markers continue to rise. Change to Caelyx
CEA marker in the 2000s Back to Herceptin
New tunour R Breast
adrien is offline   Reply With Quote