View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 04:44 AM   #8
pinkpeonie

Unhappy Re: Tamoxifen Issues

Hi all

I have been reading all the comments in this thread with great interest. I was diagnosed with BC in 2011 . I have had mastectomy, chemo , radiotherapy and herceptin. Initially I was put on femara but the side effects were so bad for me that I had to discontinue. My oncologist then put me on tamoxifen - i have pereservered but again the side effects are affacting my functioning. I have 2 teenage daughters 13 and 16 - and side effects were affecting our relationship so I stopped it. I feel like a different person - wont go into all the details. I have looked at online research and saw that there is only a 1% increase in reoccurence rate if you arent on tamoxifen with her2 positive breast cancer. Does anyone know of any current research to support this statistic.
I know for everyone the se are different and whether to take hormonal tabs is also different. I obviously want to do all to ensure I am here for my girls as long as possible but at the same time I want the time I have to be of a quality that is positive for our relationship especially in the critical teenage years.
Anyway I am rambling on - I guess I am a bit wary of not have tamoxifen cover but yet on it I am barely able to function properly so makes for a hard choice!!!

Thanks for listening - any links to research on this would be great xx
pinkpeonie is offline   Reply With Quote