View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 06:14 AM   #2
Laurel

Re: San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium 12/4 - 12/8

Paula,

Her2Support has historically sent a contingent of members to the S.A. Breast Cancer conference. I encourage you to contact Sassy or Becky to throw your hat in the ring as being willing to represent us there. It is a fascinating experience, one you will never forget. It was there nearly 2 years ago now where I met and roomed with Brenda Hutchinson, met Chris, Paty, Sheila, Joan, Rhonda (Sassy), Steph, and Christine. You will never be the same again after attending and you will love those gals (or guys) even more deeply after having met them, laughed with them, confessed your fears and received theirs. The memory will bless you for years to come. I cannot encourage you enough to reach out to Rhonda (sassy) or Steph or Becky. I am not certain who is heading it up this year, but you are correct to raise the issue now.

It is painful for many of us to contemplate San Antonio without Brenda being there. She attended every year driving down from Austin. May she rally and be among the group again this year!

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote