Thread: Sweetener ?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 10:24 AM   #7
BMW2

Re: Sweetener ?

I prepare my weekly breakfast cereal every Sunday using a crockpot or you can use a rice cooker. I use a variety of whole grains using 1/4 cup each(millet, red and white quinoa, buckwheat, barley or anything else you like) in two cups of water. Cook until tender (by the way, some grains cook faster than others so you need to take that into consideration). After they are tender I add cut cup dried fruits (cranberries, cherries, apricots, mangos, figs, blueberries and organic if possible). I'm set for the week. I heat each portion in microwave for 30 seconds, add rice milk and cinnamon (no sweeter--you really don't need it). It lasts approximately from Monday till Friday. It's delicious. Hope I've helped someone out there.
Told me to return in 6 months.
BSE in Jul 2000 found lump the size of an apricot (4x2x2cm) in my left breast. Unable to be detected in mammogram.
2 encapsulated lymph nodes out of five.
ER+ Neither Her2 positive or negative.
Invasive carcinoma with small amount of duct carcinoma in situ.
Did adjuvant A/C therapy, then bi-lateral mastectomy, Taxol, radiation. DIEP reconstruction at Johns Hopkins. Tamoxifen for 3 years.
Arimidex for 5 years.

April 2009 noticed red puckering of skin site of left breast reconstruction. Oncologist thought it was benign.
Cancer returned. No metastasis.
Surgery in April 2009 of left reconstructed breast.
ER+ 90%, PR-, Her2 3+ 70%
TCH and radiation again.
One year of Herceptin (one more Herceptin and then I will be done end of April 2010).
Back on Tamoxifen.
Have not decided if I want to stay on Herceptin for another year.
BMW2 is offline   Reply With Quote