View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 01:24 PM   #17
1rarebird

Re: is getting scans a good idea?

I have had 2 PET/CT scans now. I would have been more of a mental wreck if I had not had the 2nd one done. The first PET before chemo and Herceptin showed a few glucose avid "hot spots" in places which the doctors didn't like and therefore the 2nd PET was done after treatments were finished. Luckily none of the spots got any larger and no new ones were found. But none went away either including the ones in my thyroid. This gave more ammunition (my thyroid had other problems too) for the doctors to convince me to get it removed.

I'll state that looking at your PET/CT scan images can be uncomfortable because those bright spots where the glucose avid tissues reside are not fun to look at. But I am glad these base-line scans were done. I hope we'll never have to pull them out to compare to others later down the road.---bird
Male Breast Cancer, DX 5/15/09, IDC, STAGE 1, 1.7 cm, HER2+++, ER+(95%)/PR+(75%), Ki67 40%, grade 3, 0/5 nodes, TX: mastectomy, TCH finished 7/19/10, radiation 6 wks., Tamoxifen on going, bisphosphonate 24 mos.
1rarebird is offline   Reply With Quote