View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 03:44 PM   #13
Merry

Re: Stuck Inside a Cloud

I like the word "Mum." Funny how it was probably the same when the Pilgrims came to America and somehow it changed to "Mom." Close!

I had a friend tell me that we never get over losing our Moms. She's the one who loves us no matter what and for all time.
I got all weirded out and emotional this morning while going thru some of her Christmas decorations. She and my Aunt (together in that Heavenly Shopping Mall in the Sky, lol) loved Christmas and decked themselves out as well as their homes, and collected snowmen....so I find this fluffy, cuddly stuffed snowman and just began to weep over it. I laid down next to her/my dog and he's looking at me like I'm a stupid human stealing his space on the bed, lol. No sympathy from that furbag!
A funny thing happened yesterday evening. I was washing out some dishes and when I was thru, I went into my bedroom to do some stuff. I heard the phone ringing in the kitchen and got up to answer it. It wasn't ringing! But I left the water on in the sink and I think that Mom was telling me to shut the damn water off! LoL It sure felt like her in my head.
I never had kids, so now I wonder who gets to take care of MY old ass when the time comes, lol I have no one so I just hope the nursing home facility has a good LSD drip or some kind of good drug...lol

I have tentative plans to have the family gather together at a favorite pizza place Mom liked so we can have an informal memorial for her in Aug. I hope to leave for the desert end of Aug early Sept. I really don't wanna drive in the hottest part of the summer. This humid weather is nasty. I don't mind the dry heat. Plus, my husband is watching too much home shopping and buying things!! YIKES! He got a new vacuum, some kind of air purifyer, a surround sound system for that horridly huge tv, a junk stereo from some poor homeless guy with a family, so I have to get back there and make him stop!! LoL He's on the verge of buying a flat screen for the bedroom and it'll be too big, just like the one he got for the living room. I HATE IT! lol It'd be different if he liked to watch movies, sports, but not him, lol
I miss telling Mom about my conversations with my husband. I'm not gonna like Christmas much this year either....
Thanks Aussie for your kind words and thoughts! lol Peace, G
Merry is offline   Reply With Quote