Thread: Milk the issue
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 06:17 PM   #14
1rarebird

Re: Milk the issue

Rich, Jackie and Tanya--thank you all for your comments and recommendations. Please note that I am taking once a month bisphoshonate, Boniva, along with 1200 mg per day calcium. My vitamin D blood serum level was check 5 months ago and found to be 44 ng/ml but I am supplementing 2000 IUs a day just in case I need more. I power walk 3 miles a day so I hope my femurs at least are getting the exercise they need. I will ask for follow up bone density testing one year for the last one. Maybe all of this effort will keep my bone loss under control in the future as I continue with the tamoxifen.

And Rich, I found most interesting the abstract on the one case of male breast cancer in a patient having just started testosterone treatment for sexual dysfunction. I have a 65-year old friend who has started that same regimen and who is also is a two-times cancer survivor: prancreatic and colon. I will forward him the abstract so he can discuss his situation with his doctor.

Thanks again everyone---

bird
Male Breast Cancer, DX 5/15/09, IDC, STAGE 1, 1.7 cm, HER2+++, ER+(95%)/PR+(75%), Ki67 40%, grade 3, 0/5 nodes, TX: mastectomy, TCH finished 7/19/10, radiation 6 wks., Tamoxifen on going, bisphosphonate 24 mos.
1rarebird is offline   Reply With Quote