View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #8
Gerri

Okay Bill, I'll be next...

I too was 14 - this seems to be the age when everything is embarrassing! I was a freshman in high school and had worn a dress to school that day. I'll take you back to the 'pre pantyhose era', when garter belts were actually functional. (An aside here - I am convinced that a man invented the garter belt, and a woman invented pantyhose, but I am just basing that on how the two minds think.) So, I had on my dress with 'stockings' as they were called back then; holding up my stockings was my garter belt. (Boy, I'm blushing as I write this - or is this a hot flash??) Anyway, I am walking across the high school campus after school (THANK GOD, as it was pretty much deserted) with my bestfriend when PING I felt something give way at my waist. My garter belt had come undone and as I looked down in horror I saw the elastic and hooks that were previously holding up my stockings hanging down under my dress. A few feet away was a brick wall where all the gangs congregated so they could give threatening looks to everyone as they passed - fortunately no one was there. I made my way SLOWLY over to "The Wall" (as it was called), trying to keep everything up and above my hemline. When I got to the wall, I propped myself up against it and asked my friend (who by the way, was laughing hysterically and had practically stopped breathing) to go and get me the trash can that was across the way. She dragged the trashcan over and I asked her to stand in front of me while I whipped everything off in one fell swoop. I threw it all in the trashcan and put my shoes back on and walked away - pulling my hysterical friend behind me. A few years later, when panyhose came out, I was sure that every woman's prayer had been answered. Oh, and I am still good friends with my laughing, trash can dragging rescuer.
ER+ (30%) /PR+ (50%), HER2+++
AC X 4 dose dense, Taxol X 4 dose dense
Herceptin started with 2nd Taxol, given weekly until chemo done
then given every 3 weeks for one year ending on March 16, 2007
Radiation 30 treatments
Tamoxifen - 2 yrs (pre-menopausal)
May 2008 - Feb 2012 Femara
Aug 2008 - Feb 2012 Zometa every 6 months
March 2012 - Stop Femara, now Evista for bone strengthening
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look
back and realize they were the big things.
- Robert Brault
Gerri is offline   Reply With Quote