View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 04:23 PM   #11
Tom

Smile Welcome

Hi Susan. Welcome to our friendly website. Joe and Christine kindly founded this site so we could all have a place to come to vent, research, cry, laugh, and share our little adventure together. I am here representing my Mother, who was diagnosed two years ago with HER2+ breast cancer. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate this place.

We too are in PA, near Philadelphia. We go to Philly for all of our treatment. I will tell you what I have said to others. You couldn't have picked a better time to have breast cancer, as odd as that might sound. The research is in a new era of discovery, and things never looked better. The newer therapies are less invasive and less toxic than ever.

Please let us know along the way what your progress is, and many here will offer advice and comfort.

I am a man, but still enjoy this site immensely, and have learned much about breast cancer, as well as human nature. The people who visit here are amazing, well-informed, and very compassionate. They are all humble saints.

Try to relax, and as time goes on, you will see that the world isn't over for you, just taking a detour for the time being.

Tom

Last edited by Tom; 08-08-2006 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: Typos
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote