View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 07:57 AM   #18
Patrice1968

Re: Broccoli Sprouts -- Tanya

I've heard that there are many phytoestrogens in broccoli sprouts. I've also heard that broccoli sprouts are incredible at attacking cancer cells. I've spoken to a few people that are knowledgeable in nutrition, and they all say the same thing - when it comes to vegetables, eat the ones that are supposed to play a significant part in reducing cancer cells or when apoptosis is a result. The foods to avoid are soy, flax, sunflower seeds and oil, rye, etc. From what I've learned, when it comes to vegetables, and since they are so powerful in targeting cancer cells, to leave these in your diet as they do more good than harm. Like someone pointed out to me, did I know that lavendar has estrogen? So when I rub lavendar lotion into my hands, I'm doing something harmful. There are too many things out there to "be afraid", and they said to take the highly concentrated ones that really don't do any good out of my diet and leave those veggies alone! I cannot get my blog into my signature for some reason (still figuring out this forum but having a lot of fun and learning many things!) but if you are interested it is: StayingHealthyEvenWithCancer.blogspot.com. Really weigh the harm vs all the good those broccoli sprouts do for you! Wishing you well!

Sept 2010: 6 rounds Docetaxel, Herceptin and Tamoxifen indefinitely.

StayingHealthyEvenWithCancer.blogspot.com
Patrice1968 is offline   Reply With Quote