View Single Post
Old 06-05-2006, 06:58 PM   #4
Tami

My last herceptin treatment was 8/05 after 1 year every 3 weeks. I really did not have any side effects from herceptin with the exception of runny nose the day of infusion. One big bonus is that I was able to get my mediport removed. I waited to do this after I had full body bone scan, CT/Pet scan and brain MRI. All negative.

I thought I would be afraid to fly without my herceptin net but at age 45 I just didn't want to keep taxing my heart even if the effects were reversible. My energy level is back, I feel great, think about cancer less and am training to do the Danskin Triathlon - did I mention I hate to run and am not that good of swimmer???? Well a friend has done it the last 2 years and asked me to join her in Seattle in August and do it with her. It has been a motivating force to get me active - hopefully it won't kill me!

I think the biggest change has been mental. I finally feel that I am through this -- no more muga's and radioactive isotopes, no more visits to the chemo room every three weeks, no more port bumping out of my chest. It is a welcomed break. I still have thoughts and concerns of recurrance but I am cancer and chemically free at the moment and I am enjoying that and living that. Doing what I can through diet, exercise and laughter.

Life is good.
Tami
Tami is offline   Reply With Quote