View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 11:07 AM   #2
egrabski

Lapatinib obtainig outside the trial

Hello I'm sorry to hear that... I'm in a similiar situation.
First of all the only way of getting Lapatinib is to get on the trial ( And it does not matter what country you're in ).
I'm from Poland originally and we're in Canada and my doctor being
the educated person that he is hearing that in Poland they are
testing Lapatinib he said since its in Poland its probably some
wicked juice from the jungle. Anyways...
We called Glaxo Smith Kline and we had a long talk about obtaining lapatinib outside of clinical trial since my mom's liver function is really bad and she does not qualify. They told
us basically that its too early to put Lapatinib out on a compassionate basis which they would is they had more positive trial results or more data about Lapatinib. So to make a long story short for now they only way to give it a try is to get on a trial. The clinicaltrials.gov site lists
all countries including Israel so you can give it a try or call GSK and find out if there is any trials near by.
PS:
they also told me since my mom's liver is pretty bad that it could make her only sicker and the drug might not be metabolised properly to even become active. Other doctors including the ones in Poland said that the liver functions could be 5 times higher than the norm in their opinion , but unfortunately there is not enough data to tell for sure.
egrabski is offline   Reply With Quote