View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #74
Rolepaul

Re: Brain Mets &%$#$!! :(

Great plan of action. Exactly what we did with Nina. I PM'd you as well.

30% of HER+ patients end up with Brain/spine involvement if there are mets according to a few studies (Dr. Eric Weiner at Dana Farber being one author). I am getting pushback for Brain and Spine MRI industry wide at 2, 4, and 6 years post surgery if more than 2 nodes positive. The doctor here refused to run them and we nearly lost Nina because of that. His cohort ran them at my request (okay request might be the understatement of all times, "I think it was the I will personally sue you and make your life a living nightmare if you do not run one" was the phrasing) and it was still much larger than yours.

If you need someone to bounce ideas off of, I am the person. Nina started OR nursing orientation on 02/04/10 after surgery to remove the lesion on 11/19/09 and Gamma knife 10 days later. I think three weeks is tight after Gamma Knife, but not out of line.

Whack mole worked for two years. Do not break the chemo or the moles start to reproduce. If you get Xeloda, start the Monique Spencer regimen when you pick up the scrip. I have four Henna bags if you want them. Do Vitamin K cream on your hands and feet before you go to teach in the morning and again at noon.

We have been through this bunch of brambles. Let Nina and I show you the way. We even found out how to put the darn things to sleep without whack a mole. And I think there is a doctor at Pitt that wants to be part of a trial.

Never give up "The Untouchables". I hate to lose "Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan. You have a lot more students to teach and kids to watch grow. Besides, you need to learn how to bowl on oily lanes.
Rolepaul is offline   Reply With Quote