View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #5
'lizbeth

Re: Mandamoo's legacy

Thanks for sharing this.

I think I have been one of the more vocal ones about "The Stink of Pink". I think breast cancer ribbons and the color pink has been exploited for financial gain. Some have their hearts in the right place and mean well. And many just want to help and this is the only way they can find - is the pink campaigns. I applaud them, but lets direct them to a better cause like Vanguard for functional profiling clinical trials.

I, like many, would like a more serious representation for the fight against metastatic breast cancer. We have thrown out numbers and how many progress? 20 - 33%? Crap, that number doesn't make me feel warm & fuzzy about The Pink. And this is why I am always pushing clinical trials - we need to change the Standard of Care. And ladies, when I say "we" I mean you too. We need more treatments, more testing, better testing, to abolish the wait & see and let 1/5 to 1/3 of patients progress form of surveillance. Amanda started change, we can keep it going.

I'm right up there with Mandamoo with the lingo of "fighting cancer". Really? If the cancer has the survival advantage so that diet, exercise, meditation, treatments, surgery, radiation and targeted therapy cannot stop it - all one can do is wave the white flag. and die. GAME OVER.

Amanda did not fail treatment. Current cancer treatments failed her.

She was young, active, positive, determined until she could barely breathe and the pain was terrible.

She was still looking for her miracle with this comment to Nancy:
Quote:
I have a P53 mutation for which there are a couple of trials (phase1) happening in the US plus there are a number of Panher2 inhibitor trials going on. The list of trials on the US website is much much larger than here but access might be a different issue altogether. Just looking for my miracle!
We've lost Amanda, but we can take up the cause to identify the causes of MBC and prevent recurrence. We have to - because we have NEDenise, Penny, CoolBreeze, MtnGirl and many others who are still "in the search" to find their miracle.

Last edited by 'lizbeth; 10-25-2013 at 11:43 AM.. Reason: omission
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote