View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #19
rinaina

Re: Chemotherapy Permanent Hair Loss

I was on AC and herceptin treatments and my hair on my head came back but darker, much greyer thinner and tons of cowlicks too. I am a 5 year survivor now and I never got my eyebrows back. I have very few eyelashes and they are very fragile and fall out easily. I hate having to draw my eyebrows on every day. They never look the same twice and it is time consuming, (probably because I am a perfectionist. I won't walk out of the house without my eyebrows penciled in. I have tried the stencils and it didn't work well for me. If I had a real reliable referal I would get them tatooed in a minute..but it would really have to be a good referal. Anyone know anyone in Chicago area for this? I assume a plastic surgeon's office would know. As for our hair problems, the way I see it, I am thankful to have survived 5years and that is what really matters. There are great wigs, not that it is fun to have to wear one all the time, and there is great makeup out there to compensate for no lashes/eyebrows. Let the years just keep coming.
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote