View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 07:43 PM   #41
phil

Re: T DM-1 Approved !!

the recommended tx schedule will probably be 3 weeks, dosing starting at 3.6. but whats exciting is that now all that can be flexed per pt response. should ameliorate some s/e 's like plats.
i have an issue ( u can tell i have alot of issues !! lol) , with This FDA 20th century trial system in the 21st century , with 21st century drugs. how long will we wait for trials comparing taxanes to t dm-1 ? yrs ?? ridiculous . we know those drugs inside and out , as if taxanes were any where near as good as t dm-1 . they are not. most of the t dm-1 success stories i talk with are not posting, and probably fewer than 2,000 pts have even got to try the drug , many , like Lorraine, after yrs of tough chemos, lots of mets. it is not 100 % , somewhere in mid-range 50-60 % , now more can get it w/ flexiblity , not get kicked off trials for lung irritation or liver irritation, etc. more will get it after around of taxane only, so rate of successs will go up. it may very well be acure for more and more, and now u can add other chemos to it , off protocol.
but how many yrs until adjuvant studies are completed in his System, Dr. pazdur and his team are know it alls, pushing OS , longer trials , NO SENSE OF URGENCY WITH TDM-1 ! some estimate 45,000 Stage iv's could have tried this drug during that time. when will perjeta get to Stage IV ?? Investigate This FDA !
phil is offline   Reply With Quote