Thread: Tykerb Update
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 02:26 PM   #5
Joy

so 2 things...

Number 1: YAY ESTHER! I'm so glad you are noticing some very positive feelings from this treatment. I'm so excited for you and I admit encouraged for us.

Number 2: Would you mind sharing a little bit more about the rash? Like where you are experiencing it (you sure don't have to share, either) and if it is uncomfortable and what can you liken it to? I'm curious as I bet it is in my future before too long. I asked an NP at the center today and she said it seems to manifest on the face and chest and it is even treated like acne with medication. Some folks report that it flairs in the first week or two and then sometimes improves after a month or so. I hope that is true for you. I have also read and the NP confirmed that there is some evidence to the rash equating to the efficacy. And we want efficacy!!!

I have these dumb worries about the rash. I spent so much of life battling acne and have gotten to a place of having the skin I always wanted AND hair again too. I know it is trivial and vain, but when I can at least look okay, like healthy, I'm more positive and encouraged psychologically. I mean I'll do whatever to save my own hiney! I just want to prepare for the effects. thanks for sharing and listening and sharing any more information.

And really, I'm so happy that you are responding to these meds. That is the best news ever!

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote