View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #12
Mary Jo

Re: Effexor Question

Thanks so much for chiming in Andi. I appreciate any and all advice I get. Hot flashes are HORRID, right?

I agree with you on the Effexor. After reading the MANY posts I found about women given this by their doctor for hot flashes and the ordeal it was to get off of it, I couldn't believe it. If one needs this for depression, well then I'd say that's different. But to offer a drug such as this to a woman who is having hot flashes makes no sense to me. To me is was like having one problem, possibly solving it and then creating a new one....an addiction. No thanks. I took one pill....felt weird (foggy-disconnected) and decided this was not for me. I'd rather have hot flashes than experience that.

The hot flashes will end eventually....I PRAY! At least in the severity, (again I PRAY).

Thanks for your information. I've heard about Primrose Oil but have not tried it. I will have too.

Thanks Andi....so happy to see you too (I am not here very often) and especially to "see" you doing well! Yippee Skippee!

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED