View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 11:52 AM   #8
lizm100

Re: Continued hip pain and MRI results.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and respond to my post. All of you are so knowledgeable and are always willing to offer very helpful advice and insight.

Margerie, thank you for the link it is very informative and detailed.

Tricia, you always have a story to share that makes one feel better. Thank you for sharing your story and I truly hope your MRI will come back with no worrisome changes. Imaging and scans are a great tool but they can also cause one to worry unnecessarily if something new and unexplained shows up.

Laurel, its coincidental that you mentioned glucosamine/condroitin/msn since I just added that to my arsenol of supplements along with fish oil since it's supposed to help with the joints. You had commented on a bone scan, I am one of those that worries about too much radiation exposure and if the risks outweigh the benefits in my situation since I had the MRI of the area of concern.

Becky, may be a different Physical Therapy program may help. Glad to hear your mom did not have a recurrence. That is great news!

Jackie, you & me are probably the only few that yoga did more harm then good. I think that I will stay away from it and stick to my walking, running & free weights.

Ruth, as you and Becky said, may be I need to get into a different Physical Therapy program that is specifically for sciatica and be treated by a Physical Therapist who has treated many sciatica patients. There are many programs out there, I just need to weed them out. I agree strengthening the ab muscles makes a huge difference with many aches and pains.

I hate this damn disease!!! Thank you again for your time and responses.

Sending (((hugs))) to all of you.

Liz
lizm100 is offline   Reply With Quote