Thread: Brief Update
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 05:33 PM   #14
TiffanyS

Re: Brief Update

Hello all, I thought I'd send a brief update since I haven't been online for a while. I've had family in town this weekend, and it's been crazy busy. As an update, I was sent home from the hospital two Friday's ago in order to get treatment, as the hospital has a policy that they can't give you treatment if you are and in patient, so I had to check out. I had treatment on the Friday and went home right after. I met with the hospice/home care doctor, picked up some prescriptions, and then went home to wait for the home care nurse, who was horrible. After she left, we all went to bed, and I woke up on Saturday morning feeling horrible. I had a bad reaction to the T-DM1, and felt very tired and nauseous and weak. After a crazy weekend, and waking up again on Sunday morning feeling horrible, we decided to come back to the hospital. So, after spending a few hours in the emergency last Sunday, I was checked back into the hospital. At first I was in the maternity ward, but I have since been moved to palliative care, and it is much nicer being here. It's like being in a high class hotel. Anyway, I don't know how long I will be here, but it will probably be until I need to check out for my next treatment in two weeks. In the meantime, I've been really busy with non stop visitors (friends) and doctor's visits, etc. I have a meeting scheduled with my whole medical team for Wed, so we can get a better idea of when I will be getting out of here. I think my step-mother wants me to stay, because as my care giver, she is having a hard time staying on top of all of my medications, and when they are due, etc. I can't stay here forever though, so I have a feeling she won't get her wish.

I will try to keep you updated more often, however, I'm still getting used to my new lap top, and, when I do have some free time, I'm usually exhausted and need to take a nap.

TiffanyS is offline   Reply With Quote