View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 06:17 AM   #7
mts

I served as a consumer reviewer at the 2006 Congressionally Directed Medical Research Panel (CDMRP) last year and this year for the Dept of Defense (DOD). We (myself, two other consumer reviewers and 15 scientists) reviewed many proposals in breast imaging and many of them were similar to the research program talked about in Lani's post.
A hand held device to be used at home was one that all scientists were thrilled to hear about ...

There are many well informed, bright women on this board- I would encourage all of you to try to get on this panel. The DOD has millions in funding that are used for the "leap frog", high risk research proposals. From what I gathered, the National Institutes of Health usually funds research that is the next "obvious step" in research... Between the two funding mechanisms, there is quite a bit of research going on.

The DOD provides research funding for breast cancer, ovarian cancer, prostate cancer and other diseases. I would encourage you all to look under the DOD website and find the CDMRP program.

Maria
mts is offline   Reply With Quote