View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 02:54 AM   #6
R.B.

Re: Iodine deficiency ! - falling intakes - goitregens - competition bromine and fluo

This site has lots of info on iodine, and Dr Flechas seems to be particularly well informed.

His radio broadcast is fascinating.

These old links no longer work; I will try and track new ones down

Found it;

They can be found on this page http://iodineresearch.com/hormones.html

Just to be clear in respect to the reference to miconized gold at the end of the interview I know nothing about the metabolism of gold in the body or brain, and cannot find any research into it. I have since found this http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/chri...oidal_gold.htm As they say - more research needed.

In contrast there is research into iodine, and several doctors report benefits from looking at patients iodine levels.

I believe that pharmaceutical industry has an important role to play and has made some wondrous discoveries; However I do agree that more emphasis should be put on making sure we get the nutrients we need, and greater awareness of the effects of food processing at a biological level and the potential dangers they pose on an additive basis (e.g. each effect individually may not be a problem but taken in a wider context of the basket of changes are detrimental to health) is needed. Western conditions were virtually unknown in historic non westernised tribal populations prior to the introduction of western foods, but they did suffer from all sort of conditions caused by external agents which modern medicine has learned how to mitigate.

"Iodine

Flechas JD

MP3 audio -- 50 minutes (takes a while to download)

RadioLiberty.com January 26, 2007.

In this 50-minute radio presentation (mp3 audio), Flechas covers roughly the same issues as in the earlier 2-hour presentation (see below). There are a few additional ideas, however, that I would like to mention.

Sweating and Breast Cancer. In the earlier tape, he mentions that iodine is necessary to sweat. Here he mentions that lack of sweating may precede breast cancer.

Bromide and Cancer. Increased levels of bromide contribute to cancer.

Cancer and Iodine. The following cancers are associated with goiter and iodine deficiency: breast, thyroid, endometrium, esophageal, ovarian, stomach.

Hormone Receptors. The receptors for almost every major hormone and neurotransmitter need iodine in order to function efficiently -- thyroid hormones, testosterone, cortisol, insulin, and more. The single iodide that is removed in transforming T4 to T3 can join receptors and increase their sensitivity.

Thyroid Hormones and Breast Cancer. Supplemental Thyroid Hormones are not benign. They double the risk of breast cancer, and that risk increases over time.

Thyroid Hormones and Iodine Absorption. Supplemental Thyroid Hormones inhibit the ability of the body to absorb iodine, thus increasing breast cancer risk.

Iodine and Lipids. Iodine keeps the fats and lipids in the body from getting oxidized. This is one of Iodine's most important functions. 70% of the body iodine is found in muscles and fat (vs. 3% in the thyroid)."

Last edited by R.B.; 11-12-2013 at 05:06 AM..
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote