View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 12:18 AM   #32
Chelee

I can remember the day I found this board as if it were yesterday. I was scared out of my mind and searching for anything positive to hang onto. I wanted just a little hope...to know there was really a chance that I might make it through all this. That was so important to me...I was on a mission. (Panic mode.) I didn't want to see anything negative or depressing...I was looking for only positive things. I started looking for women that were my stage or closer that had positive nodes and were still alive. It was so important that I find some. I remember reading signatures and would instantly latch on to the women that were doing great. I remember finding women like Audrey & MichelleU and seeing that they were doing great.

My cancer center was so doom and gloom and they gave me *nothing* to hang on to. I can't stress that enough. I was so relieved to find this board and was even more relieved to find so many of the women doing great years later.

I have to be honest...had I found this board and ran across all the women that had passed away...that personally for me would of been too much at that time. (Could I handle that now...yes.) But I'm with Becky on this one...I really rather this be a place of hope. I remember telling my husband, Mother and anyone that would listen to me that I found this Her2 board and there REALLY is hope for me. I can certainly understand both sides of this issue but I really would hate for any newcomers to find this board and with their luck that is the first thing they would run across and start wondering how long they have to live. That seriously concerns me.

I use to talk via email to Lu Ann, & Sandy quite a bit...they were true angels. They hold a special place in my heart and I just have a feeling they wouldn't want newcomers to run across anything on this Her2 board that would take away their hope or depress them. (I can see both sides of this topic but I'm really worried about the newcomers.)

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote