View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #16
Merry

Re: I'm Taking Care of My Mom

Hey everyone, I've been pretty sick for a week. Had the flu or something and was totally useless to myself and my Mom. I'm thankful that she was able to do for herself for a few days. I feel guilty as all hell but I had my head in a bucket and couldn't help it. Got some meds from our doc and it's clearing up the ear infections and upper res infection. Leave it to ME to get BOTH ears infected! I did get her to the doc and for some tests on her lung. She'll have to have it tapped next Mon, and Doc increased the Lasix back to 80mg a day. Sigh..she can go into Hospice but she refuses to do it. She was told that it doesn't mean she's dying right now, and that she can opt out anytime she wants. They'll stop by to check on her just like the Visiting Nurse does now. I can't say it to her, but it would help ME so much! Jeez..selfish bitch, aren't I??! I don't talke much to any of my old friends or visited anyone because I am always here with her or taking her whacked out dog for a walk. lol It was almost nice being sick because I slept for days and I never get much sleep anymore. I miss my husband but going back to the SW is out of the question and he can't come here either. Sorry everyone, I'm whining again and that's not what I mean to do. Thanks for putting up with me....peace...
Merry is offline   Reply With Quote