View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 02:14 PM   #36
1rarebird

Re: Chime in please! Has herceptin (or tykerb)affected your eyebrows/lashes,fingers/t

I can attest that some of the side effects being reported on this thread occur in males too. My TCH regimen left me with fragile nails (they are now ridged and split at just the slightest provocation), and my hair came back in at only about half its pre-chemo and Herceptin density and thickness . The soles of my feet are still are numb and tingle and my bones were weakened as well. I won't get specific about what the Tamoxifen has done to me; suffice to say it has seriously affected quality of life.

But despite all of this, I am thankful that my Her2 positive breast cancer was and is being treated in 2009, 2010 and 2011. It wasn't all that long ago that the treatments available were so much less effective than what we have today--side effects not withstanding.

bird
Male Breast Cancer, DX 5/15/09, IDC, STAGE 1, 1.7 cm, HER2+++, ER+(95%)/PR+(75%), Ki67 40%, grade 3, 0/5 nodes, TX: mastectomy, TCH finished 7/19/10, radiation 6 wks., Tamoxifen on going, bisphosphonate 24 mos.
1rarebird is offline   Reply With Quote