View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 08:25 AM   #30
Nancy L

Re: Chime in please! Has herceptin (or tykerb)affected your eyebrows/lashes,fingers/t

1)were you ever on herceptin alone--yes, from Mar 2005-Feb 2009.

2)I have been on herceptin continuously since Dec 2004

3)was anyone on herceptin without chemo(see #1)

4)were you also on antihormonals-no

5) a)did you notice any problems with you eyebrows ?yes--very thin
b) eyelashes?--yes, especially lower lashes on left side where I had BC
c) did they preceed herceptin--I lost my eyebrows and eyelashes during AC
d)did they get better/worse on herceptin---grew back after chemo but not they way they used to be. Plus I am one of the unlucky 1% of Taxotere patients who never got my hair back.
e) did they get better after herceptin stopped? have never been off Herceptin

6)a)did you have cracking of your finger tips, heels, toes, ingrown toenails--yes to all of these. Plus my fingernails split and peel. When I was on Taxotere, all of my fingernails broke off about halfway down and both of my big toenails feel off. They grew back after chemo but have never been the same and have gotten worse on Tykerb.

b)similarly did they preceed herceptin, no
c)did they get better/worse on herceptin, worse
d)did they get better after herceptin stopped? never stopped

7)Similarly for those on tykerb alone (or on teach and pretty sure they are not getting the placebo because of rash, etc)--are you having eyebrow, eyelash, toe, finger, heel issues and how long has it been since you had chemo (and whether you are on antihormonals as well)

No antihormonals. Been on Herceptin/Tykerb combo since 2/2009.

Lani, hope this info helps. If the researcher needs more info or nail samples, I would be happy to provide. Most oncs see these as nuisance side effects, but they do affect our quality of life. It is nice to see someone looking at why this might be happening.
Nancy L is offline   Reply With Quote