View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 09:19 AM   #4
Debra

Marcia -

My largest tumor was 3.8 cm and a smaller one was 9 mm. I had microinvasion in one node. I did not have radiation as well. They it was explained to me (even though I too may have not been in "clear mind" when this was all being decided) was that many oncologists recommend the radiation with multiple nodes such as 3 or more.
Also, my cancer was on the left and there are risks to the heart when irridiating that side so they weigh the pro's with con's when there is only 1 or 2 nodes involved.
My guess is with you, they were able to clean those margins more then anticipated.
I too have wondered once or twice if I should have had the rads but I also question if I should be on an AI instead of tamoxifan and if I should have had my AC every two weeks instead of 3! I am never going to be satisfied!!! But that is just me; we will always question!
Maybe bring that question up one more time to your oncologist when you see him/her just for your own piece of mind.

Diag. 11/05 at age 40 triple positive
3.8 cm tumor and 9 mm tumor
Stage IIb/SN positive(no other nodes)Grade 3
Bilat. mastect. 12/05 (Rt.prophylactic) followed with AC/taxol/Herceptin/tamoxifen then switched to arimidex after hysterectomy in 12/06. August 07 switched to Aromasin due to severe jt. pain from Arimidex. Nov. 2011 No more meds and NED!
Debra is offline   Reply With Quote