View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #1
Sherryg683

Wanted to pop in and say HI

I haven't been on the board in quite a while but think about everyone often, was so saddened to hear about Christine and it breaks my heart. She was such an inspiration for me. I am coming up on 8 years NED with stage IV (lung mets). I still do herceptin monthly, don't want to change anything that may be working. I have gotten heavily into animal rescue and photography and have managed to combine my love of both. I photograph the animals that are on "death row" at our local shelter and promote and find them homes. This year I have saved over 300. I guess I feel a deep kinship with these animals whose clocks are ticking. I am feeling great and recently fulfilled one of my bucket list wishes...I took a 2 week road trip, by myself and headed west. Was very peaceful and spiritual. This board and you women were my rock for years and I wanted to say that I have not forgotten you all and continue to pray for everyone here.
sherryg

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote