View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 12:43 PM   #51
rentrac

Dear Bonnie,
I didn't lose all my hair when on THC either. I THOUGHT I was losing it all as I was down to lovely white wisps since all the dark stuff was gone, so I went ahead and shaved it. I admit I chickened out of my great April Fools Day joke that my daughter and I planned: Had I shaved it a day earlier, she was going to draw a face on the back of my head, perch some Groucho Marx style glasses on the back, put falsies int he back of my shirt and either a hoodie or hat on my head so I could walk around the local WalMart that day. But the best part of the hair loss was that the white immediately grew back in with the other stuff delayed by at least a month or two. THe result was an amazingly beautiful pelt of silky silvery hair on top and a dark undercoat. The hidden rocker in me was thrilled, and I got tons of compliments for the 2 or 3 months I had it.
Good luck to all on the last of those TCH treatments.
Warmly,
Rentrac
Oct. 2003: Dx age 48, Stage IIIA Ductal Ca. dense dose neoadjuvent AC. BrCa 1&2 -, ER+, PR-, Her2+. 2004: R mastectomy, 3+ nodes, dense doseTaxotere ( allergic), total hysterectomy, radiationx36 . Tamoxifen x6 mo., Arimidex x9 mo. Jan. '06: Multi left metastatic nodes left neck. Stage IV. Taxol, Carboplatin (allergic to both), Herceptin, radiationx27. Herceptin cont'd. 1 mediastinal met in old rad field. April: 2 brain mets - Rcerebellar, Ltemporal lobe. Gammaknife. Stop Herceptin, Start Tykerb. May: CyberKnife-mediastinal node, Zometa restart. July: New RLung mets. Xeloda add. Jan. 2008: CT: Lung mets shrinking. Fatty liver w/increased liver function panel. Feb '08: MRI: brain mets back, 2nd GammaKnife. June: Migraine headaches from cerebellar tumor. Team for WBR - Choose Craniotomy on Cerebellum only. Aug: Crainiotomy successful. Sept: PET -right lung apex clean; left internal mammary artery appears malignant. Herceptin in future. Left mastectomy?
rentrac is offline   Reply With Quote