View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 12:01 PM   #18
donocco

Re: Treatment after Kadcyla?

Juls

You mentioned being told that Aromase Inhibitors are never to be given with Kadcyla.
Im curious where these oncologists got this info. Kadcyla is Herceptin with a chemo drug attached to it. I think the chemo drug is called Emtansine. Aromotase Inhibitors prevent
the formation of a weak estrogen, Estrone from a weak androgen called Androstendione.
It doesnt make sense that the two cant be given together.

To be sure I called Genentech and they saw no probem using the two. There are clinical trials going on combining AIs with kadcyla. Both drugs can cause musculoskeletal pain but I doubt this is the reason they arent using the drugs together. Can you ask the oncologist about this?

Im thinking about your interest in copper reduction. My guess is if you mention this to the oncologist he or she likely will see it as something of little value and the work of Dr. Vahdut shows that isnt true. I dont like contradicting the oncologists but something doesnt make sense I have to point it out,like using AIs and Kadcycla together.

In simple language, cancer cells are dependent on angiogenesis (blood vessel formation) to grow.Many of the proteins involved in angiogenesis like Hypoxia Induced Factor and Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor are very copper dependent for their functions. I always have believed knowledge is power.

Paul
donocco is offline   Reply With Quote