Thread: Chemo build up
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 07:43 AM   #6
KG1993

Smile Re: Chemo build up

Bonnie,
Yes I do believe it is Carboplatin and Taxol that she is taking. She is getting anti-nausea meds but does not think they are helping. She started one today that starts with a Z because I read in a thread in this support group it helps many people.

They do give her an infusion before/during chemo to help keep her hydrated. She sounded better last night, but she definitley has some sadness.......but who wouldn't.

Susan,
So far (First 4 treatments) her counts have been high enough she has been able to take the chemo. Her 5th one is today, so hopefully it is okay.

Elaine,
I agree. I hope she can just get through these last 2 rounds and not delay taking them. Right now Dec. 20th is her last one (hopefully). We head back to mayo clinic after christmas for another scan to make sure.

To all
Thanks so much for the needed reply. I have been pretty strong up to this point, but I really needed the feedback and encouragment. It really does stink to see her not herself and not feel well. I almost feel as if I have turned into the mother, which I am happy to do for her.

God Bless,
Kim G
KG1993 is offline   Reply With Quote